Monday, September 26, 2005

very very very long and hard

I never had any clue about how difficult and impossibly painful labor is.
I wanted to do this natural and really felt that I could. So many poeple I know have done it (and trillions more before modern medicine). But...

-I was in early labor for more than 24 hours before I even got to 1.5 cm dilated.
-with less than two hours of sleep and barely any nutrition I was very VERY weak and tired.
-My little Bundle of Joy was what they call "Sunny Side Up" which gave me horrible back labor.

After my recent experience I realize how people have died from this. And all I can say is THANK GOD for drugs.

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger JessieE said...

and in about a week, you will forget all about the pain, and wish to hell you could just get a decent night's sleep. Trust me. Odds are good you'll do it again, at least once. Amazingly, it's all worth it, and more, really...

Congratulations! She's gorgeous. Not that I saw her picture or anything, cause I didn't. It wasn't posted. No one would do that. Especially no one in your family.

(aka Butchie's sister)

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Bonnie did not tell you that she was doing very well with the breathing and concentration. She just got way too weary. Yes, Drugs are good at times.

The other thing that was so wonderful about the birth was Doctor Foster. His sense of humor was right on and put Bonnie at ease.
Yes, I did ask him if he had any "foster kids"....:)
Sami is one of the newest!
MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home