Monday, September 19, 2005

Thanks mom!

I am just so thankful to my mom for passing down so many of her talents down to me, including this one.
Here is a picture of Samantha's quilt... or at least the center of it. It doesn't hold a candle to the types of quilts my mom has spit out over the years but it's something from me to my daughter. I am hoping it means as much to her one day as my mom's creations mean to me.
One thing that is cool about it, is that the fabric was from a line that came out this past spring called "Seaside Rose" by Moda Fabrics. After the fabric gets sold out in the stores it is very rarely reordered... therefore very hard to find after the summer... making her quilt that much more unique.
The quilt that I had made for my neice Ellie was made from fabric from the same designers from last year's "Paris Fleamarket" line.
I told you I'd like to bore you... didn't you believe me?
;-)

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Barb said...

It looks better in person from what I saw! Great job!

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful Job! I am proud of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home